Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cornish Heritage Farms (Sew Many Cards Sponsor)

We are so excited to have Cornish Heritage Farms as our sponsor this week over at Sew Many Challenges.  They graciously donated some amazing new release rubber cling stamps for the winner AND they generously gave the design team at SMC some to work with also.  I was thrilled to get this beautiful Peacock Scene Backgrounder stamp which was just released on the 19th.  It is so beautiful that I felt it didn't need much in the way of embellishing.  I just embossed it and then went over it with distress ink and just let the image shine by itself.  It is so intricate and beautiful but yet it was so easy to stamp due to the high quality of rubber and the deep etching.  Lots of times it is hard to get good coverage with big background stamps but this one was so easy...I got a nice crisp full image every time I stamped with it and I played around with it quite a bit trying different colors, etc.  I didn't even put it on a block....I just inked it with versamark and laid it down and put my paper on the stamp and just used my hand to ensure that I applied pressure to the entire image.  The little paper flower on the bow was made by using a Martha Stewart punch and then wetting the cardstock and wrinkling it....just as I did the flowers on the previous post using Christina's awesome tutorial.  I failed to write down the color cardstock I used but I'm pretty certain it is the 2 greens from PaperTrey Ink but don't quote me on that.  Hope you like it!

1 comment: