Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sew Many Challenges Punch It Challenge & Wags N Whiskers

This week at Sew Many Challenges our challenge is to Punch It!!  What a fun challenge!!!  I used this cute little Hershey Crafting image which you can purchase here.  I colored him with the copics pictured below.  I was going in the direction of red/kraft but then I ran across this cute burgundy polka dot craft paper in my scraps and thought it was just too cute, hence, the different color red copics below as I ended up going a more burgundy route.  That super cute flower is made by punching scalloped circles out of paper from an old thesaurus.  Dawn McVey made an awesome tutorial which you can view here on how to make these super cute super easy flowers.   I then used my scallop edge border punch and made the ruffles along the bottom (you can see the dimension more in the copics picture below).  I again borrowed this idea from the wonderful Dawn McVey (see the inspiration card here). 


This week we have another awesome sponsor .... Lacey Stephens....owner of Wags N Whiskers.  Here is a little bit about Lacey:

I was a stay-at-home mom for 7 years so stamping was a great way for some "Mommy time".  But after stamping for over 2 years, my hobby became my obsession...so my obsession became my dream!  Now I own an on-line store!

Stamp and Create is a new online store carrying many popular brands of stamps, paper, and embellishments including:  Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, High Hopes Stamps, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Whiff of Joy, Stampavie, Penny Black, The Greeting Farm, Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies, Shimmerz, Nestabilities (always 20% off), charms and more!!!  I am always adding new items to the store...so check it out at http://www.stampandcreate.com/

I had the honor of playing with this sweet image called Just for You.  Doesn't he just melt your heart?  Please note that this is a rubber stamp so this is the actual size.  I colored him with copics and used some patterned paper from October Afternoon Farm Fresh line and I just love that brown and blue together.  That blue is Stampin Up's Baja Breeze and the brown is Chocolate Chip.  I used a Spellbinders Polka Dot Frame to layer over my image.  I then took some blue and brown ribbons from my stash and used the Chatterbox Brad Maker to make a coordinating brad for the center of my bow.  Here are the copics I used on this card.
Well, that's it for me today.  Hope you will join us at Sew Many Challenges!  Can't wait to see what you make!

4 comments:

  1. wow great job on both projects!!!! Hershey never looked so good!!!! I love the burgundy it is a very rich color!!! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super stunning cards Kim.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower is my favorite part. Great job with both cards.

    ReplyDelete