Monday, September 9, 2019

Free As A Bird Challenge



My sweet friend, Smita, and I decided to do a little challenge and we decided to challenge each other to use the wonderful stamp set Free As A Bird.  She blew it out of the water by making this gorgeous shaker card!  She is so talented!  Look at the coloring on those birds!!!


I opted to go for a "fall-ish" look.  Isn't it great that even though we chose the same focal image that our cards have such a different look and feel!  I colored my birds with the Stamping Blends and then used a little watercolor for the blue background which isn't really showing well in this photo.  I cut out my image and the mat using the Stitched Nested Label Dies which you can purchase as a bundle with the Free As A Bird stamp set and save 10% by using this item number.  I also used the All Wired Up background stamp  and I LOVE it!  I'll definitely be using it more and more!  My card is a sort of fun fold as you can see more clearly in this photo:


Peeking out from the inside of the card you will see a cute little yellow strip of designer series paper and it is from the Bird Ballad set which is part of the Buy 3 get 1 FREE designer series paper sale!  

Hope you have a wonderful Monday and a great start to your week!  Smita and I would LOVE for you to join us in our challenge!  Please post a photo of your project in the comments!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment