Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes...old ink pad vs. new ink pad



Just had a few minutes to play today between picking up kids, etc. and I couldn't wait to play with the new Ornament Keepsakes and the new coordinating Framelits.  You can purchase them separately, however, you can buy them in a bundle and save some money!   Check the bundle out here!  Love how easy these are to work with!  I stamped my image first and then just laid the framelit on top of the image (notice it is called a framelit because it frames the image....you can see through it to line up your image) and ran it through my big shot....didn't have to tape it in place or anything which is nice if you are mass producing!  I knew I loved the new Stampin Up foam ink pads but I hadn't really compared the resulting images side by side and I decided to do that today.  On the left I used an old style Ruby Red pad I had...granted it is a little older but it seemed quite juicy and on the right is the new style pad in Raspberry Ripple.  Keep in mind that the Raspberry Ripple is a much darker almost jewel tone red but you can clearly see how much cleaner and crisper the new ink pads stamp!  Love it!!!  I actually had inked the Ruby Red up quite a few times....really did the twist, pat, twist, pat thing but with the Raspberry Ripple it was just a quick tap tap and onto the paper and this is the first result I got.  Just wanted to share this with you if you have been on the fence about trying the new ink pad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment