Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cookie Labels


 
I have to share this story with you....I was mortified but you might get a laugh out of it.  Yes, I live in paradise....beautiful sunny days with palm trees swaying in a gentle breeze and all that but.....can you say "bugs"!  Lots and lots of bugs that just thrive in paradise....LOL!  Well....I had a sweet friend invite me to her cookie swap and attending said cookie swap were mostly ladies I had never met before.  So I bake lots and lots and lots of snickerdoodles Thanksgiving afternoon and put them in a nice tupperware type container so they will be safe from afore mentioned bugs....On Friday we had a few errands to do and were running late getting home so I run in the house grab my cookies and head to my neighbor's house.  As I open my container of cookies (in front of everyone) I find that there was an entire colony of ants that had apparently been hiding under the lip of the lid of my "bug safe container" and they were just waiting to jump in on my cookies.  I was mortified!!!!  Anywho.....the photo above shows the cookie labels that I made for my friend to set out so that everyone could label their cookies....guess I should have labeled mine Snickerdoodles with Ants....  I used 2 of the larger tags on the Two Tags die to make my base.....I just put them end to end and overlapped the bottoms (note that the die does make a score line).  The designer paper is from Festival or Prints....love love love that paper!  I used the pinking edgelit from Finishing Touches to make the cute little edge from Old Olive cardstock.  Thta sweet tree is made using the Scensational Season Bundle....love being able to stamp and then use the coordinating framelit to cut it right out....no scissors involved!  The name plate was made using the Oval Punch which fits nicely inside the Scalloped Oval Punch.  I tied it up with some of that beautiful striped ribbon I've been hoarding since it is retired!  I saw this one on pinterest which inspired this whole design. 


Don't forget the Online Extravaganza is ending in just a matter of hours!!!  Wed. the 28th specials are the Clear Block Bundle which is normally 66.95 on sale for 53.56 and the Clear Block Storage Caddy for said blocks which is normally 16.95 on sale for 13.56 and the Stack and Store Caddy which is normally 34.95 on sale for 27.96.  These items are on sale just for this last day of the sale but don't forget that this is the last chance to pick up those other goodies on sale also!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment