Monday, November 16, 2009

Practical Scrappers Acrylic Paint Challenge

This weeks challenge over at Practical Scrappers is to use acrylic paint on your project. I've been itching to play with my sticky canvas so....I decided to use a big square of it for a background. I just painted it red and frayed the edges a little and you can't really see the texture in the photo but...IRL it looks really neat! I used some Coordinations cardstock for my base layer and it doesn't show up very good in the photo because I only have a white backdrop for my photo - going to have to pick up some black but....it does have the more vintage distressed look and then I felt it needed something so my son, Logan, said it would be really cool to have some "snow" around the edges. I decided on some white lace because I wanted more texture than fun flock which is the only other thing I had on hand. My first choice would have been some gathered red gingham but...couldn't find any. Hope you will come on over to Practical Scrappers and check some of the awesome LO the design team did and I'm sure that the projects that will be showing as the week progresses will be awesome, too!

1 comment: