Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are



This past Friday and again next Friday The Greeting Farm is holding special challenges as they are looking for a guest designer. They are featuring the wonderful Marina Neira's designs and I picked this awesome digi image called Candy Cane Snack. You can read more about it here. Since the theme is where the wild things are I tried to keep it a little more woodsy but....just couldn't stay away from the Christmas"y" side of things with that cute candy cane. I colored the image with my copics and then sponged some Momento Desert Sand to give it a more rustic feel and then sponged up some Holiday Wrappings Ribbon I had picked up at the local Ben Franklin to make it coordinate with the pattern paper which is from the Jolly by Golly line by Cosmo Cricket. I used my glossy accents on his eyes and the "candy cane drool" hence the reflection you see in the photo. I'll try to get some better pictures when it's daylight. This image was wonderful to work with because the shading areas are already started for you. Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. awwww Kim, this card is adorable!! I love the image!! I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your card is too cute! Your coloring looks wonderful!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim this is so sweet, awesome job.

    ReplyDelete