Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sew Many Cards "Red" Challenge

This week's challenge at Sew Many Cards is to make a project using only red (you can use any colors in your image). I love red so this was easy for me. I chose Hershey wearing a Santa hat with antlers. I used some liguid applique to make his "furry" parts of his hat and colored the rest with copics (love those things). I have some cute ribbon with Santa's little helper printed on it but it seemed a little too much and it was too hard to get the words where I wanted them as there was quite a space between the images so....I just made a ribbon tag and pop dotted it on another ribbon. I was going for that "wavy" ribbon look that everyone seems to be able to do with paper but I didn't quite get it. It is still pretty cute IRL though. Follow me and check out the rest of the design team's projects....that's where I'm headed!


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! Love your coloring and I'm still dying to get my hands on some liquid applique!! (none to be had on Maui and so hard to find online! arrgh!). And that red paper is awesome!! Happy to find another Hawaii crafter! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete