Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sew Many Cards Winter Challenge & Pink Elephant Challenge!

This week's challenge over at Sew Many Cards is to make a winter themed project. I've never made a shaker card before so.....I decided this little penguin (PJ) would be the perfect image to go with a shaker card. I just purchased some new craft scissors that came in that heavy plastic packaging so I cut a circle out of that with my nesties and then adhered that to my scalloped "ring". I made my ring by using the scalloped circle nestie with a smaller plain circle nestie inside of it and cut them both at the same time so that I ended up with a frame(clear as mud?). Next time I'll try to remember to take some pictures as I go or if I can talk my son in to it I'll get him to help me video it. It's really easy but if you are like me - visuals help! Anywho....then I took foam tape and adhered it all around my scalloped circle so that it would stand up away from my image enough for the glitter to move nicely. I removed the backing from the foam tape everywhere except a little section at the top and adhered it to my patterned paper with the image already in place. I then used that little opening at the top to add my glitter and then I removed the backing from that and adhered it so that the glitter could not escape. I promise you it is much easier than it sounds and what a neat effect! I'm also submitting this for the Pink Elephant Challenge this week of making a project using your favorite Christmas combo! I do love all the traditional red/greens, burgundy/golds, blue/silvers---actually, I love them all!

5 comments:

  1. awesome!! awesome!! awesome!!!! For your first shaker card, you done an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh, I want this :)
    It's is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!
    Your style is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he IS adoradle! Funny how a few us used PJ in our Winter Theme! Your shaker is perfect! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Adorable!!! Super sweet...Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Hugs -LORi

    ReplyDelete