Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sew Many Cards Winter Challenge & Pink Elephant Challenge!

This week's challenge over at Sew Many Cards is to make a winter themed project. I've never made a shaker card before so.....I decided this little penguin (PJ) would be the perfect image to go with a shaker card. I just purchased some new craft scissors that came in that heavy plastic packaging so I cut a circle out of that with my nesties and then adhered that to my scalloped "ring". I made my ring by using the scalloped circle nestie with a smaller plain circle nestie inside of it and cut them both at the same time so that I ended up with a frame(clear as mud?). Next time I'll try to remember to take some pictures as I go or if I can talk my son in to it I'll get him to help me video it. It's really easy but if you are like me - visuals help! Anywho....then I took foam tape and adhered it all around my scalloped circle so that it would stand up away from my image enough for the glitter to move nicely. I removed the backing from the foam tape everywhere except a little section at the top and adhered it to my patterned paper with the image already in place. I then used that little opening at the top to add my glitter and then I removed the backing from that and adhered it so that the glitter could not escape. I promise you it is much easier than it sounds and what a neat effect! I'm also submitting this for the Pink Elephant Challenge this week of making a project using your favorite Christmas combo! I do love all the traditional red/greens, burgundy/golds, blue/silvers---actually, I love them all!

4 comments:

  1. awesome!! awesome!! awesome!!!! For your first shaker card, you done an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh, I want this :)
    It's is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!
    Your style is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he IS adoradle! Funny how a few us used PJ in our Winter Theme! Your shaker is perfect! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Adorable!!! Super sweet...Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Hugs -LORi

    ReplyDelete