Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lasting Lily Home Decor



I found this cute little 4x6 shadowbox on a pedestal at Walmart yesterday and I couldn't wait to decorate it in a spring theme.  I couldn't find it on the website, however, they are made by Better Homes and Gardens and my store had lots of them.  I had a really hard time getting a good photo due to the glass and the fact that we are having a really dreary day here.  Here is a close up of the inside:


I used my absolute favorite Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Lasting Lily and I stamped it in Grapefruit Grove and Lemon Lime Twist.  Note that Lemon Lime Twist is an In Color for 2017-2019 which means it will retire in June when the new catalog comes out,,,if it doesn't sell out first soooo if it is one of your favorites (like me) you might want to stock up on cardstock, ink refills, ribbons, etc. so you can use it for many years to come!  Plus if you stock up before March 31 you can earn free Sale-A-Bration level 1 items when your order reaches $50 or a level 2 item with every $100 in product you purchase.  If you get your order in before midnight this Saturday (March 9th) you will be entered into my blog candy, too!  One neat trick that I discovered as I was making this project is that the stem/leaf stamp is so flexible that you can actually manipulate the leaf to be on the opposite side as I did here but it's hard to tell because the ribbon is covering it up.  I have ordered the coordinating Lily framelits and I can't wait to try those out!  I may redo this so that I can have even more dimension...may even just get away with adding some more lilies!    That sweet sentiment is from the Country Home stamp set.  You will be seeing more of that stamp set, too!  Love how pretty the images are but it also has so many different sentiments!  Check out that polka dot ribbon again!  If I could only pick one ribbon that would be it!  It goes with everything and it just absolutely beautiful.  I also used some retired lemon lime twist ribbon that was on the clearance rack just a bit ago.  Always check out that clearance rack because you never know what you will find and at big discounts!  I will leave you with one more pic of this fun project from a little different angle:


Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment